This is a very thorough and extensive 35 page website about allopathic, holistic and integrative veterinary, cat / dog nutrition and what BigPharmaMafia, bad veterinarians and pet food companies who make very low-quality pet foods don't or won't tell you. It will always be a work in progress. The site is sometimes intentionally provocative & outspoken in order to disturb the status quo, which needs to be educated and must be changed! All of the information on this website is fact and has been extensively researched, sourced and documented and is extremely well received by both good veterinarians and pet parents, having had 500,000 hits in a single day!
My Siberian Husky, His Story and Diet
Roger Biduk – Feed them what they’ve been eating for millions of years, a balanced, raw meat diet or a grain-free, high protein, low carb pet food.
Photo Credits: Dogs Naturally Magazine; In Memory of Stempy: A Victim of a Bad Veterinarian
“It’s easy to spot very bad, unknowledgeable / and or unethical veterinarians,” says Roger Biduk, “who consider your pets as cash cows and care more about the huge amounts of $$$$ they can make off you instead of the health of your cat / dog! Run away if they:
1) Neuter too early – Cessation of growth and the closure of bone growth plates occur at 12-24 months depending on size and breed… then you can neuter!
• “Shelters and humane societies got the bright idea some 20 years ago to start neutering dogs and cats when they were 8 weeks old… imagine giving your 9 month old daughter a hysterectomy and you’ll cringe appropriately!” Dr. Will Falconer, DVM, CVH
• “Think rationally. How would removing a child’s reproductive organs before puberty affect their growth, maturation, and development? Puberty and sexual maturation is imperative for bone, brain and organ development. The same is true for your dogs and cats!” Angry Vet http://www.angryvet.com/spaying-and-neutering/
2) Vaccinate too young [before 16-20 weeks] and / or over-vaccianate annually / frequently [one-time shots are good for life immunity!]. The best, safest vaccination protocol can be found on my Facebook post and webpage Vaccinations Are Killing Our Pets!
3) Vaccinate with very dangerous mumbo jumbo, whombo combo “vaccines cocktails” DHPP, DHLPP, DHLPPC, DA2LPPC, 6-Way, 7-Way, 5-in-1, 7-in-1, etc.
4) Sell neurotoxic, carcinogenic poisonous chemical pesticides for heartworm / fleas / dewormer in the form of pills, topical applications, collars or injections whose active ingredients are sensitizers and irritants that cause terminal seizures, terminal cancer, terminal auto-immune disease, terminal neurological disorders, reproductive and birth defects and terminal liver and kidney disease in people and animals which may include ProHeart 6, Revolution, Bayer Advantage, Bayer Advantage II, Bayer K9 Advantix II, Hartz UltraGuard Pro, Hartz UltraGuard Plus, Hartz First Defense, Bravecto, Bayer Seresto, Interceptor, Heartgard, Parastar, Parastar Plus, Pentagon, Simparica, Parastar, Parastar Plus, Heartgard Plus; Tri-Heart Plus, Vectra 3D, Capstar, Sentinel, Frontline, Safe-Guard, Trifexis, NexGard, Comfortis, Zodiac, Prowormer, Nemex 2, Droncit, Drontal Plus, Panacur, Heartgard Chewables, Iverhart Plus, Iverhart, Zimectrin or Advantage Multi among others!
5) Prescribe like candy very powerful, very dangerous and often fatal drugs such as steroids [Prednisone, Prednisolone, Dexamethasone, Medrol, Triamcinolone, etc.], NSAIDs (Rimadyl [Carprofen], Metacam [Meloxicam], Deramaxx [Deracoxib], Previcox [Firocoxib], Etogesic [Etodolac], Zubrin [Tepoxalin], Novocox [Carprofen], Vetprofen [Carprofen], Carprieve [Carprofen], Quellin [Carprofen], Orocam [Meloxicam], Loxicom [Meloxicam], Meloxidyl ]Meloxicam¸]), Apoquel and antibiotics among others at the drop of a hat for anything and everything!
6) Have a waiting room filled up with garbage “prescription diets” which have horrible guaranteed analysis, are super-low in animal protein [some contain ZERO meat!], super-high in carbohydrates [as high as 60%!] and contain “inappropriate ingredients” such as Purina Veterinary Diets, Iams Veterinary Formulas, Hill’s Prescription Diets, Hill’s Science Diet, Eukanuba Veterinary Diets, Royal Canin Veterinary Care Nutrition or Royal Canin Veterinary Therapeutic Formulas!
Always avoid the average vet who is only qualified to practice basic allopathic veterinary and ALWAYS work with a good allopathic veterinarian who has taken advanced post-graducate studies and training and is qualified to practice several modalities of holistic and integrative veterinary [the more the better], most of whom do phone consultations.
And to protect your pets and your wallet, ask all vets my 14 Questions to Ask Every Vet and the 16 Most Important Questions You Need to Ask Your Holistic Vet by Dr. Will Falconer, DVM, CVH.
Beside neutering, vet visits should be very rare in the case of an unexpected accident or emergency… or in the case of my pets, vet visits are non-existent after neutering!
My Siberian Husky, His Diet, His Story
He’s the healthiest dog with the best demeanor of the dozens I see every day. But when I met him wandering a deserted highway by himself in a snowstorm, the opposite was true.
He was irritable and hyperactive with brown teeth and discolored gums on the verge of periodontal disease, obese at 110 lbs. with fat deposits covering his body and “allergies” that made him scratch so much he would bleed, his paws were raw from gnawing at them. His eyes were cloudy, giving an aura of life without purpose. Did I mention he was also diabetic…?
He was obviously being fed a terrible kibble diet containing little or no meat, full of dangerous carbohydrates with cheap and often dangerous fillers such as grains, corn, wheat and soy with loads of GMOs, starches, sugars and gluten with chicken/meat by-products and generic-named ingredients like animal fat, animal digest, meat and bone meal, fish oil, fish meal, etc. thrown in… a typical unhealthy veterinarian / grocery store brand like Hills Prescription Diet, Royal Canin, Science Diet, Purina, Pedigree, Ol’ Roy, Iams, Eukanuba, etc.
I immediately took him to the local veterinarian hospital for a diabetes check and here is what the two moronic veterinarians who only practice allopathic veterinary, one being the owner, wanted to prescribe for my Siberian Husky [*antibiotics, *steroids, *”prescription diets” & *insulin]!!! :
*A powerful, general antibiotic “just in case”… this is what unethical and / or unknowledgeable vets do, prescribe antibiotics for anything and everything but here’s what bad vets don’t tell you because most of them are so unknowledgeable and only know what BigPharmaMafia tells them! :
Your cat’s / dog’s body houses 10X more bacteria than cells and a poorly functioning digestive system is the root cause of most all disease and directly affects the immune system on which everything else depends… 70%-85% of their immune system is located in their digestive tract!
Antibiotics are immunosuppressive and kill ALL of your cat’s / dog’s good bacteria and gut flora and … that’s when the HUGE health issues start to appear… and cha-ching $$$$ for the unethical vet!
*For his “allergies” [dogs don’t get “allergies” – they get reactions (from vaccinations, dewormer / flea / heartworm pesticides, bad commercial diets, prescription drugs)] from their immune system that something is wrong and out of ballance], a very, very powerful, deadly steroid, Prednisone which, along with antibiotics are always over-prescribed by bad veterinarians and have very, very, bad side effects [including death] while compromising the immune system and affecting major organs like the kidneys and liver. This very powerful steroid does absolutely nothing to cure the cause of the “allergies” or anything for that matter other than destroying the health of the pet!
*To make matter even worst, for his weight, Hill’s Science Diet Adult Light which is garbage brand loaded with GMOs, starches, sugars, gluten and contains only ONE meat ingredient with the following cheap, horrible and dangerous fillers: Brewers Rice, Pea Protein Concentrate, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Corn, Pea Bran Meal, Powdered Cellulose [sawdust], Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Oil, Dried Beet Pulp and is a whopping 47.3% carbohydrates [a carnivore canine’s natural diet is 4%-6% carbs, NONE from grains!] and a pitiful 24.9% protein. You can see the harm these ingredients would have caused my Siberian here… there’s not a living creature on this planet that will lose weight on any garbage like this being 47% carbohydrates [starches, sugars, gluten]!
*For the diabetes, insulin called Numulin-N.
If I followed the advice of these two moronic vets which was to administer steroids, insulin and a horrible, low-quality pet food, he would be dead by now and I would have racked up thousands and thousands of $$$$ in needless vet bills [the backbone of the corrupt, unethical veterinary profession!] when all he needed was a balanced, species-appropriate, enzyme-rich, moisture-rich raw meat diet, the exact opposite of what these two moronic vets were recommending!
And for those of you who think I’m sounding “unprofessional” by calling these vets “morons”, let me tell all of you something… if I’m trusting any lousy veterinarian with the life of my dog and I follow their advice which turns out to be the worst possible, not only do I have the right to call them a moron, I also have the right to present them with a nice, big, fat lawsuit… and much more!
I put him on four excellent supplements [see below] and a balanced, species-appropriate, enzyme-rich, moisture-rich raw meat diet… high protein, 0% carbohydrates, 0% starch, 0% gluten and 0% sugar… and the transformation was immediate!
His irritability and hyperactivity are things of the past and he’s now the absolute favorite of children and other dogs . The “allergies”, gnawing and scratching vanished, his teeth are now whiter than mine and his gums are a bright red with firm muscle now replacing the fat that previously covered his body. His eyes (one amber and one blue) are clear, lucid and full of life. Did I mention he lost 50 lbs. in five months, his diabetes disappeared into thin air and he now weighs 60 lbs…!
When feeding a cat / dog a balanced raw meat diet, feed 2%-3% of their ideal adult bodyweight (less to lose weight, more if very active or to gain weight) and the diet must be balanced or bad things can start to happen.
His daily diet takes just 10 minutes to make: 80% – 85% muscle meat with bones [chicken, turkey, lamb, bison, beef, kangaroo, etc.]; 5% beef liver [contains 10 to 100X the nutrients of muscle meat]; 10% – 15% organ or offal meat [chicken hearts, green tripe, chicken gizzards, beef kidneys], one raw egg with finely chopped shell [750+ mg. calcium], some beef / chicken fat and drippings that I keep in the fridge or freezer from the organic meats I eat [adds extra flavor, is high in linoleic acid and an excellent source of Omega 6 fatty acids]. Everything bought at the grocery store for around $2 / day! And a raw meaty bone twice a week for his teeth and gums.
Most supplements that are marketed towards pets and sold by vets and other companies are over-priced, are low-potency and many are simply not needed, preying on the vunerability and gulibility of pet parents… buy human-grade!
Along with giving half a multi-vitamin daily, the four excellent supplements I give are the following and are all your cats / dogs need:
The key to good health is a healthy gut and a healthy, viral digstive system; daily supplements include a high-potency probiotic that contains a minimum of 50 billion beneficial bacteria and 8+ beneficial bacterial strains per serving Canada, U.S.
For overall health, to prevent illness / disease and to strengthen the immune system, major organs and for joint support I give my cats / dog:
Omega 3 [150 mg. EPA / 10 lbs. of weight] Amazon Info: The Imortance of Omega-3 For Your Pets; Omega-3; Omega-6 Fatty Acids for Dogs, Cats – Health Benefits; The Benefits of Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids for Pets.
Bovine Colostrum Info: Bovine Colostrum: The Forgotten Miracle; Bovine Colostrum-Dr. Jeannie Thomason, CVND; Colostrum is a Proven, Effective Immune System Booster; Healing With Colostrum; Transfer Factor Prevents And Cures Cancer In Humans And Pets: Studies; Bovine Colostrum, Immunity and the Aging Process; Transfer Factor; Transfer Factor Pets
For healthy joint support, here’a a great high-potency supplement that contains 1,500mg of Glucosamine Sulfate and 1,200mg of Chondroitin Sodium Sulfate (from Bovine Cartilage) / tablet [Amazon].
Always remember: Your cat’s / dog’s body houses 10X more bacteria than cells and a poorly functioning digestive system is the root cause of most all disease and directly affects the immune system on which everything else depends… 70%-85% of their immune system is located in their digestive tract!
Before I knew what I was doing and following the advice of incompetent, unethical, unknowledgeable veterinarians, my cats and dog were just like most others… I was bringing my pets in for “yearly wellness check-ups” and they were always sick and at the vet with “allergies”, obesity, skin problems, seizures, periodontal issues, G. I. problems, etc. and huge vet bills… my dog died at 10 yrs. and cats at 12 yrs. from cancer & kidney disease because I listened to bad / incompetent / unethical / unknowledgeable veterinarians!
• My 140 lb. St. Bernard passed away at 16.5 yrs. She was never sick a day in her life and only stepped in a vet’s office once in her life for neutering… total vet bills over 16.5 years: $160.
• My Chocolate Lab passed away at 19.5 yrs. She was never sick a day in her life and only stepped in a vet’s office once in her life for neutering… total vet bills over 19.5 years: $160.
• Two of my Himalayan Blue Seal Points passed away at 25 yrs. and 26 yrs. They both were never sick a day in their lives and only stepped in a vet’s office once in their lives for neutering… total vet bills over 26 years: $180.
• My four Himalayan Blue Seal Points which I now have stepped in a vet’s office only once in their lives for neutering… total vet bills over the last 9 years: $360.
• My Siberian Husky who was in a vet’s office once for a diabetes check when I found him… total vet bill: $95… and if I didn’t have the knowledge that I do have and listened to those lousy, unethical allopathic vets he’d be dead by now and I’d be out thousands of $$$$!
My vet bills for my cats average $4 / year and for my dogs $8-$10 / year over their lifetimes because they only go to a vet once in their live and that’s for neutering, with my cats living till 26 yrs. and my dogs till 20 yrs.
You MUST always keep in mind that carnivores (dogs) and obligate carnivores (cats) eat meat, meat and more meat! Then why does the AVMA, AAHA, AAFP, NASPHV, BVA, AVA, CVMA, etc. and all the allopathic vets I know say feeding a species-appropriate similar to what carvivores have been thriving on for 40 million+ years [balanced, enzyme-rich, moisture-rich, 100% raw meat diet] is very bad and dangerous and they all recommend and sell horrible brands of kibble like Purina Veterinary Diets, Iams Veterinary Formulas, Hill’s Prescription Diets, Hill’s Science Diet, Eukanuba Veterinary Diets, Royal Canin Veterinary Care Nutrition and Royal Canin Veterinary Therapeutic Formulas that contain very little or NO MEAT with questionable ingredients… because they can make $40+ / bag of pet food and the absolute worst thing that could happen to the veterinary profession is HEALTHY ANIMALS… Remember, illness + disease = BIG, BIG $$$$ for vets and BigPharmaMafia!
Going back to the times of the dinosaurs [have you ever read or seen documentaries of a carnivorous dinosaur eating anything but another dinosaur?], the diet of a carnivore has NEVER consisted of grains, rice, any soy or wheat product, corn, chicken by-products or meat by-products. All of these are detrimental to their health. Regardless of what anyone says, these are simply non-human grade fillers and cheap sources of protein, most often found in low quality pet foods including “prescription diets”.
On the American Veterinary Medical Association [AVMA] [and also the AAHA, AAFP & NASPHV] recently telling veterinarians to discourage pet owners from feeding raw pet food diets: “Sorry, AVMA, you are all wet on this one. My own raw fed dogs have been healthier for the past 20 years than my clients’ dog food eating dogs. Are we veterinarians promoting health or the pet food industry, with all its recalls, Chinese ingredients, and biologically inappropriate diets? And why in the world is AVMA worrying about what perhaps 2.5% of the pet food market does? Surely there are serious problems affecting more pets than this… how about the jerky treats from China that are actually killing dogs, which FDA refuse to order recalled.” Dr. Laurie S. Coger, DVM www.WholisticVet.com
Carbohydrates from grains and corn are also useless and dangerous to carnivores, they just make our animal companions fat (like humans). Carnivores get their energy from protein (meats) and fats, not from carbohydrates (grains).
“Most veterinarians acquire their only knowledge on pet nutrition in elective classes in veterinary school. These classes may only last a day and are often taught by representatives from pet food companies who make the worst food possible. Hill’s, lams and Purina are the largest contributors for these courses. Wonderful, isn’t it,” says Roger Biduk.
Ingredients such as by-products, grains, corn, wheat and soy can be highly indigestible for cats and dogs and they may be highly allergic to them. They may cause allergies, lack of energy, weight gain (or loss) dull coats, joint problems, arthritis, poor behavior, seizures and skin problems such as itching and excessive shedding and cause irritable bowel problems along with eye and ear infections.
They may cause preventable diseases such as Cancer, Feline Diabetes, Chronic Renal Failure (CRF), Urinary Crystals and Cystitis (bladder inflammation), Bladder/Kidney Stones, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Hepatic Lipidosis (Fatty Liver Disease), Diarrhea and more.
Click here to go to the page “Ingredients to Avoid in Pet Foods at all Costs”.
Click here to go to the page “Grains are Very, Very Bad for Your Obligate Carnivore Cat and Carnivore Dog”.
“What illnesses and diseases leading to premature death do ingredients like grains, corn, wheat, soy, by-products, meat/beef and bone meal, animal digest, animal fat and other questionable ingredients in many pet foods sold in veterinarian clinics and grocery stores contribute to? How about:
Dull or unhealthy coats
Eye and ear problems
Fleas and other parasites
Chronic Renal Failure (CRF)
Urinary Crystals, Cancer
Cystitis (bladder inflammation),
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD),
Hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver disease)
Other minor and major illnesses and diseases leading to premature death.
What happens when you feed your cat/dog a species-appropriate, balanced, enzyme-rich raw meat diet or a commercial diet that resembles one: No visits to the dreaded veterinarians office for food-related illness or disease leading to premature death,” says Roger Biduk.